Manchester City currently sit 11 points clear of their city rivals Manchester United at the top of the Premier League.

Many people are already writing off any chances of a genuine title challenge from Jose Mourinho's men (or anyone else) and prematurely crowning the Champions as champions.

City might just be the best team in the world right now, they might have the best player in the Premier League this season, and they may just have one of the best managers of all time at the helm...

But don't rule out a title challenge just yet. If history is anything to go by, they should never stop looking over their shoulders.

1. Manchester United - 1995/96

5a338f1bf9e6cae5c8000001

"I'll tell you, you can tell him now if you're watching it, we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something, and...and...I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it."

Kevin Keegan's entertainers were 12 points clear of nearest rivals Man Utd in January 1996, but they somehow managed to mess it up by March.

The ill-tempered race between Sir Alex Ferguson and Keegan remained on until the final day, but the momentum had swung and United clinched another title, while are Magpies still waiting for a top flight trophy since 1927.

Previous
1 of 5

Which one is your favorite? Drop your comments below.

Mine: Guruslord Manchester City 201/2012, Duo am a United Fan it heartbreaking